Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Bastille Day


I've always been a big fan of Carla Bruni, the model, that is, not the chanteuse. When she stopped modeling to pursue her music full time, I couldn't help but to think what a loss it was to the fashion world.

After listening to some tracks from her new album, I guess I can't help but to think that again. With all these older supermodels on the comeback of late, Bruni still looks as stunning as she did in her heyday. And she's a smart cookie. I guess I would just prefer to listen to her speak (in one of the 4 languages she's mastered), or admire a shot of her smartly dressed in Dior, rather than hear her sing.

Even though she hasn't launched any new fashion campaigns, she is launching a campaign of another sort, though, isn't she? I mean, how many of us really ever keep up with French politics, anyway. But now it seems every one knows everything about the Sarkozys, or at least what the missus is wearing on her official visits abroad. Whether or not this is all just some big publicity stunt by the head of Matignon, as some have wondered, I guess we'll never know. But at least one thing is clear, that Sarko is one smart, and lucky, guy.

No comments: