Wednesday, July 30, 2008



Someone is thinking outside the box at Mango. Deciding to use Lauren Hutton as one of the faces of their fall campaign is brilliant. Especially considering that, at 64, she really is as striking as she was as at 24.

I've actually seen her in person recently and, despite the fact that she had just gotten off a long flight and was just a tad bit discombobulated, one of my first thoughts was just how striking she still is. Next time I see one of those infomercials where she's hawking her makeup line, I must actually watch, I said to myself. Because in fact, those early morning promos are the only place I've seen her in recent years.

Now, she seems to be popping up every where. And in the fall, she'll actually be seen alongside Alice Dellal who, if you don't know already, is the face of Mango's denim campaign. It's a bit of a weird mix, admittedly, since I imagine Penelope and sis will continue along with their capsule collection for the retailer. And it's not a perfect mix either, not really a mix until you add a bit of color in the campaign. But it's a start.

No comments: