Wednesday, August 20, 2008


Domino's September issue should be an interesting read with a full spread featuring some notable stylistas in their home digs. Carine Roitfeld in her ultra modern uber chic nearly all-white apartment overlooking Les Invalides in Paris, Matthew Williamson in his mad for color flat in London, and Christian Louboutin's relaxed ethnic inspired home in Portugal.

But for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why Christian Lacroix wasn't included in the mix. If the boutique hotel Le Petit Moulin, which was designed by the couturier, is anything to go by, I'm sure it would be an emporium of fun and inspiration.

I've actually been lucky enough to have stayed there on a couple of occasions. Unfortunately, I couldn't find photos of the room I normally booked, with its crazy green shag rug, but I've included a couple from the hotel's website just to give you an idea of what it's like. Each room is different and almost a work of art in its right.

Situated in the Marais, which is in the heart of the city and was at one point known for its fantastic gay night life, Le Petit Moulin is not a place to go if you're into ultra luxe services. What it does have is a pretty cool, inspirational ambience, which is reason enough to spend the night there.

No comments: