Friday, August 15, 2008

New Rave



Once an avid reader, I could go through at least several books by week's end. Now since my work is a bit more consuming, I've whittled down my weekly reading to the essential: New York Magazine.

One of the items I turn first to each week is the publication's Look Book. This upcoming week, New York is featuring Hiroto Sugawara who, as I was cruising the net for a quick shot of him, has also been written up by wunderbloc.com.

Sugara's look is so unique, I just had to share him. He pens his style as New Rave, and this is what he says:

"New Rave is like European techno-electro-music-related fashion. In New York people are still afraid of doing new things because the New York environment is more about having some sort of rules."

(Sidebar: Since race seems to be in all the headlines with the political faux pas of both the Spanish Olympic basketball and tennis teams, I couldn't help but to laugh out loud when I saw that nymag might have initially misquoted Sugara as saying Wave and not Rave...darn those Japanese and their funny accents!)

For a man who's so in to accessories, and color coordinating their neon hues, I think all he's missing is a fluorescent tee shirt ring, don't you?

No comments: