Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Gotham Magazine May Flash



Last month, Jack & I went along to an event hosted by the Italian Trade Commission at Bergdorf's. The ITC had sponsored a program at Rhode Island School of Design, introducing students to Italian textiles, and there were a number of designs on display.

Two things drew me to the event. I love talking to students. I find that young people today are so smart and savvy and RISD students, in particular, fit this bill. When I worked in the industry, there were a few occasions when I was in need of an assistant designer and interviewed recent grads. The caliber of work I saw in the portfolios of of RISD was always impressive, sometimes just plain mind blowing.

Isabella Rosellini, who is the face of the ITC, was the second draw. She could have been reason enough all alone, in fact. In person, she is truly stunning, and so extremely gracious.

While the affair was low-key, her presence alone merited a photog flash in Gotham. So I couldn't be happier to have been included in the shot.

No comments: