Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Marc Jacobs Countdown



I'm counting down for the Marc Jacobs feature on GQ.com, expected later today. After Fashion Week in February, I could have kicked myself for not having taped the documentary "Marc Jacobs & Louis Vuitton" on the Sundance Channel. (Well, I was a little busy, myself.) And now, I'll just have to wait for the DVD, which I've heard isn't going to be released until this fall.

I guess the GQ article goes to some length about Marc's new physique, and the mixed reaction he's gotten from the fashion world about his rockin' bod. Not that he doesn't look absolutely gorgeous, but I guess my reaction has been a bit mixed too.

I loved nerdy Marc, he of the horn-rimmed glasses & frumpy cardigans. I guess he was more human then and approachable, whereas now, I see him as this sort of slick, muscled machine.

I wonder if this new way of living, what with all the protein bars and daily workouts, has affected his designing, too?

No comments: