Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Girl Called Thandie


I try not to blog about starlets per se, but I'm making exception today with Thandie Newton. Besides being absolutely gorgeous, I love that she's keen to don frocks designed by her fellow Brits. And not just the cosmically acceptable big namers like McQueen or McCartney, but the emerging ones: Jonathan Saunders, Giles, Nathan Jenden, and one of my all-time favs, Preen.

Really, she's become this avatar of young British fashion. And while she's already appeared in some blockbusters alongside the likes of superstar Will Smith, I still feel like she's somewhat under the radar. Which isn't such a bad place to be in, I think, especially if she remains looking as flawlessly styled, and as conscientious in her choices as she's been for the last several years now.

2 comments:

Tbone said...

Can one still be considered a starlet at age 35?

I've loved her ever since I first saw her in Flirting, which certainly dates me. She is uniquely beautiful and always manages to hold her own with the bigger names on the marquee.

Victorya Hong said...

Isn't 35 the new 25? Considering she and I are the same age....I hope so!