Monday, June 23, 2008

These Are A Few of My...pt 2

10. La Roche Posay Hydraphase Cleansing Milk: I wonder if this is a French thing, but I find that "cleansing milks" aren't quite as popular here in the US. The closest thing I can think of is probably Cetaphil Skin Cleanser which, if I'm not mistaken, is Canadian. Anyway, this stuff is so versatile, you don't even need to wash it off with water. Instead, just wipe off with a wash cloth or cotton pad and it takes away all the most stubborn make-up, even waterproof mascara.

9. Roger & Gallet Body: I love the way this stuff smells. My favorite is R&G's Jean Marie Farina Extra Vielle line. Bath gel, lotion, and particularly the milled soaps which last forever. Every time I'm in Europe, I stock up on the 3-packs, which also make great gifts.

8. Kiehl's Silk Groom: I have so much hair that, when I got my hair cut last year, I lost 2 whole lbs on the scale. No kidding. Just a little dab, and this stuff really makes your hair silky and smooth. Plus, because you don't need that much, a bottle lasts forever.

7. Derma Sensibio H2O: I don't know what's in this cleanser, but it takes away makeup, grime, and oil, all while "respecting the lipidic film." Sounds super technical, but it works.

6. Officina Profuma Olio di Jojoba: I love the way this stuff smells. Alas, I can only get it in Italy. Thank goodness I only need a couple of drops, which I add to my body lotion. This stuff is so pure, you can even use it as a body cleanser because it lathers up with water.

5. be solective SPF 30 Sunscreen: At last, a sheer and dry sunscreen I can wear every day. On vacation, I switch to Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 70.

4. NV Perricone Concentrated Restorative Cream: I'm a recent Perricone convert. I don't think it's done much to erase my freckles, which is why I started using it, but this cream somehow feels light and sheer, but moisturizes at the same time. Plus, I feel like it's somehow improved the overall texture of my skin.

3. Lamas Citrus-C Facial Cleanser: Besides Oil of Olay Daily Facials, I haven't found a cleanser that leaves my skin feeling so clean. Plus, it does a pretty decent job of getting off most makeup.

2. Korean Exfoliator: I don't know how else to describe this, but I know that whenever I travel, even if it's for a weekend, I won't leave home without my foot exfoliator. Do you see the weird long thing at the front of all the products? Well, it's made of this textured metallic surface that gets my feet smooth every time. I wish I knew the name of the manufacturer, but you can likely pick one up at your nearest Korean supermarket, which is where I got mine.

1. NeoStrata AHA Glycolic Cream: I'm in a bit of a state since my last trip to Europe because the one product I didn't think I could ever live without seems to no longer be available. I know it's always been a luxury to be able to buy it in Europe when I would otherwise need a prescription in the US (I guess because of the high AHA content.) I've been using this cream for the past five years, and I swear by it. It's done wonders to improve the overall texture and tone of my skin.

No comments: