Friday, June 13, 2008

Only the English


Maybe it's because of my experience of having once worked for a designer who studied at the prestigious Royal College of Art in London, but I've always had a keen appreciation for British designers. The best, in my mind, are those that can bring down that wonderful sense of English intellectualism and make it meet with the street.

Meadham Kirchhoff is a label that seems to have a firm grip on this gift. From what I've seen of this designing duo, both graduates of Central St. Martin, they've been able to mix a good dose of goth into some wonderful traditional tailoring. Just looking at the shoulders on these jackets and the way these skirts are cut makes me go weak in the knees.

Their girls are long, lean, and structural. And what girl doesn't want to look that way?

2 comments:

Blogger said...

I saw the men's collection of John Galliano on style.com yesterday. When he wants to make a normal outfit, the results are fantastic.

http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/fashionshows/F2008MEN/JGMEN/RUNWAY/00140m.jpg

Victorya Hong said...

Since he's been known to walk down the runway dressed as an astronaut, I wonder if he designs for himself in his menswear line?