Monday, May 12, 2008

Going Home


Mother's Day weekend is one of the few weekends out of the year when I pack up a bag and head to Philadelphia, city of soft pretzels and hoagies (yes, if you're a Cosby fan, you know what one of those is.)

Living in the United States has always struck me because no matter where you are, from Pennsylvania to North Dakota, you can find pretty much the same goods and services with minimal degree of variation. Sometimes that's not a good thing.

I think that's why, whenever I make it down to the City of Brotherly Love, I always try to check out the thrift stores within a 10 mile radius of my parents' house. The greatest difference for me is the prices. Whereas vintage goods in the city tend to be somewhat astronomical at times, you can find a frock like this one elsewhere for less than a couple of gallons of gas.

No comments: