Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sometimes A Girl Just....


Finishing my Holiday line, I've already dived straight into Fall production. Calculating yields, ordering yardages, trim, figuring grading rules, and fitting pre-production samples. It's enough to drive some designers straight out of their own label to work for someone else. And sometimes it does.

So you can imagine I needed a little breaky. I don't often consider designing a dress on the fly a break from work, since that's kind of what I do all day. But I've had this fabric for years, literally, and I've always taken it out now and then and wondered what I could do with it.

Thanks to Balenciaga and Stella McCartney, floral prints are back in a big way. So I won't feel like a goth Holly Hobby wearing this little printed number out on the town. I started on it after dinner last night. I've just got the neck and hem to finish, and it's a go.

I even have an event to go to this evening, but I'm on the fence about whether I'll wear it...only because Playgirl is throwing the bash. But heck, Playgirl was started as a feminist counterweight to its raunchier male edition. So I could show up in chaps and a leather whip, and fit right in.

No comments: